Fayetteville consumers will spend $7.1 billion over the next 12 months. Forbes magazine reports that it is moms who control 85% of all household purchases. In Cumberland and Robeson Counties there are more than 87,000 women with children under the age of 17 at home.
Fayetteville small business owners need to pay special attention to these mothers and their wallets.For example, compared to the general population, local moms live in households that are
- 168% more likely to purchase a major appliance this year
- 48% more likely to buy a car this year
- 266% more likely to purchase a spa or hot tub this year
- 39% more likely to buy furniture this year this year
- 28% more likely to purchase paint or wallpaper this year
- 75% more likely to purchase pest control services this year
- 55% more likely to take a family vacation this year
- 60% more likely to move this year
- 35% more likely to use a plumber this year
- 170% more likely to pay for daycare this year
There are three things these moms have in common. They are women. They have kids at home And, almost every single one of them, 94.8% to be exact, listens to Fayetteville radio stations each week. This is a significantly higher percentage than tune-in to local TV; reach local newspapers; or log-on to Pandora or Spotify.
All moms are valuable, of course, but its Fayetteville's working mothers who have the most money to spend at local businesses.
Advertising on Fayetteville radio stations is, clearly, the best way for local business owners to reach working moms. One hundred percent of all employed mothers tune-in each week.
A recent study by Nielsen that reach is the second most important component of an advertising campaign for driving sales. It's second only to the creative elements.
To reach both working and stay at home mothers, no other medium comes close to advertising on Fayetteville radio stations.