Almost 81,000 adult, Fayetteville consumers belong to a fitness club. These memberships bring in close to $150 million in sales to local gym owners.
January is critical for the small business owners that operate gyms in the Fayetteville area. According to the International Health, Racquet, and Sportsclub Association, this one month alone, accounts for 10.8% of annual membership sales. New Year's resolutions are the reason for this early year spike.
To capture a larger share of the $16.1 million local consumers will spend on gym memberships in January, requires fitness center owners to advertise. The best way to do this is on Fayetteville radio. Here's why.
According to Nielsen, the media component of an advertising campaign that has the greatest effect on sales is reach. This is the number of different people who are exposed to the marketing message.
Every week, more adult consumers tune-in to a Fayetteville radio station than watch local TV, read a newspaper, use social media sites like Facebook and Instagram, or log-on to a streaming audio site like Pandora and Spotify.
Fayetteville radio's dominant reach among fitness club members extends specifically to millennials. This generation accounts for nearly 40% of all consumers who belong to gyms.
Notice how, among millennials, radio's reach among remains consistent but, August television is eclipsed by the reach of Facebook.
According to the IHRSA, advertising has become critical to the success of fitness club owners as competitors are popping up everywhere. In 2018, the number of gyms increased by 3%. Most business analysts expect this growth trend to continue.
More Advertising Advice For Fayetteville Small Business Owners
- Recession? When Should Fayetteville Business Owners Stop Advertising?
- Fayetteville Mattress Stores: The Best Way To Advertise
- Advertise In Fayetteville: Media Reach By Demographic
- Why Fayetteville Radio Thrives In The Digital Age
- What Is The Best Way To Advertise To Fayetteville Voters?
- How To Reach The Bridal Market In Fayetteville
- Fayetteville Business Owners Improve Advertising By Deleting One Word
- The Best Way To Advertise A Restaurant In Fayetteville